Stop Female Foeticide
Be Inspired: Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao initiative.
Female Feticide carries a frightening dimension in Gujarat, especially among the Patel community. The decision to abort the female seems to be a business decision and to "gain" social status. Boys get to be married off in style and pomp and get enormous dowries. Families with boys get to berate their female in-laws for all imagined and perceived insults, thus allowing them to denigrate females further. The Patel community members selectively abort fetuses till they have one or two boys. Some Patels allow the first female to be born, but abort subsequent female fetuses.
Gujarati families with zero girls then develop an odd mix of false humility and real viciousness. Any girl married into such a girl-less family will face untold suffering and harassment. The boys in female feoticide committing families are raised with an enormous sense of entitlement and in turn have no respect for females. These boys raised on the backs of their dead sisters then create their own havoc either within the community and nowadays frequently outside the community if they can manage to snag a female elsewhere via a love marriage. Vices of prostitution and disrespect for females is rampant among female feoticide committing families as they have no regard for females overall.
Each Gujarati family that commits female feoticide thinks that they have gotten away with it and that nobody knows; however the overall statistics tell the vicious story. There are only 8 Gujarati girls to every 10 Patel boys. There are countless horror stories every day of Patel women forced to abort anywhere from 1 to 10 female fetuses, all for having that one coveted male child.
The Patel community seems to be becoming more aware of the issue now. However female feoticide continues to be rampant and uncontrolled. As Patels have migrated to other countries and other countries are not aware of this heinous Indian practice, they even manage to get the foeticide done for free in USA! Laws are in the works to put these people in jail for such offences going forward. However all law enforcement activities need reporting and this is sadly lacking in India. Plus the endemic police corruption and apathy results in negligible prosecutions. The attitude seems to be that these monsters are killing their own children and that they will pay the price down the line. However the demonic males that get raised in such Gujarati, Marwadi, Tamil and Punjabi families create societal havoc of their own.
Gujarati are now paying back in various ways for their sins of female foeticide. Many Gujarati families carry resumes and recommendation letters for their sons and court tribal families. Be wary of their false humility and make sure that marriage vows incorporate refusal of female infanticide!
Here are some ideas to prevent female infanticide and female foeticide.
- Aggressively prosecute agents and doctors that support female infanticide. These prosecutions should have high visibility so that doctors are discourages from considering these activities to be a lucrative income stream
- Free education for women up to college and even post graduate education in government run institutions (Similar plans are being implemented in many states in India)
- Incorporate marriage vows promising no female foeticide. Keep the issue in the open.
- Patel males should stand up to their own moms and dads when they start chirping about unwanted female children. This is not easy given the way they have been raised to begin with.
- Create a feminine movement so that women feel a sisterhood towards each other and stand up for a woman in a neighboring house rather than turn a blind eye. Report foeticide abortions and doctors that abet this anonymously once you hear of an abortion from a Patel female.
- Refuse marriage of women into households or be very careful of Patel families that have only male children or a very high percentage of males. Again, a few innocents will be in needless trouble, but sometimes poisonous and normal snakes look alike and it is better to get out a stick and protect your own daughters and sisters. Be wary of the false humility displayed; Patels and Marwaris have become expert in snagging tribal and educated females outside the community using this technique.
- Do not provide any government incentives to families that have only males. Again the bad snake good snake logic applies. But that is OK. Consider it payback for all the dead female children.
- Provide extra incentives for families that have more than one girl child. This will help correct the gender balance in a few years.
- If you have a female child, educate her and provide her the same opportunities as a male child. This is being easier due to a variety of recently introduced government schemes.
- Adopt initiative that create more educated women. An educated female class will be more aware of their rights.
India - Andhra Pradesh - Arunachal Pradesh - Assam - Bihar - Chhattisgarh - Goa - Gujarat - Haryana - Himachal Pradesh - Jammu Kashmir - Jharkhand - Karnataka - Kerala - Madhya Pradesh - Maharashtra - Manipur - Meghalaya - Mizoram - Nagaland - New Delhi - Odisha - Puducherry - Punjab - Rajasthan - Sikkim - Tamil Nadu - Tripura - Uttarakhand - Uttar Pradesh - West Bengal - Indian Search Engines - Official India map