Map of Wardha
The city of Wardha is the municipal council of the district of Wardha. It is also the administrative headquarters of the Wardha district. The Wardha River flows surrounding the West, North and south boundaries of the District. The town is famous for being an important trade centre of cotton.
From the ancient time many dynasties have rules and reined the district of Wardha. The important dynasties that ruled Wardha district are:
• Chalukya and Radhtrakuta Kings who ruled the district long back in the 550AD till 750 AD
• The Bahmani Kingdom – The district was subsequently taken under the rule of the Bahmanis at around 1351
• The Imad Shahi Dynasty – After the collapse of the Bahamani kingdom in 1518, the district was under the control of the Imad Shahi dynasty
• The Mughal Empire – In 1594 the Wardha district of Berar as it was called came under the mighty rule of Emperor Akbar
• The Marathas – After a long Moghul reign the Marathas took over Wardha.
Wardha is famous for its tourist attractions. Some of interesting places of Wardha include:
• Vishwa Shanti Stup
• Sewagram- Bapu Kuti
• Bor Dam
• Gandhi Gyan Mandir
• Laxmi Narayana Temple
• Gitai Mandir
There are many other places that are worth visiting in Wardha. The district has developed immensely in the recent years.
Ahmednagar Akola Alibag Amravati Aurangabad Beed Bhandara Chandrapur Dhule Gadchiroli Gondia Hingoli Jalgaon Jalna Kolhapur Latur Mumbai Nanded Nandurbar Nashik Nagpur Osmanabad Pandharpur Parbhani Pune Ratnagiri Sangli Satara Shirdi Sindhudurg Solapur Thane Wardha Washim Yavatmal
India - Andhra Pradesh - Arunachal Pradesh - Assam - Bihar - Chhattisgarh - Goa - Gujarat - Haryana - Himachal Pradesh - Jammu Kashmir - Jharkhand - Karnataka - Kerala - Madhya Pradesh - Maharashtra - Manipur - Meghalaya - Mizoram - Nagaland - New Delhi - Orissa - Pondicherry - Punjab - Rajasthan - Sikkim - Tamil Nadu - Tripura - Uttarakhand - Uttar Pradesh - West Bengal - India Search Engines - Official India map
MaharashtraWeb.com. Contact Editor